Texas Treasure Business Award
Congratulations to our local Texas Treasure Business Award recipients:
Read’s Food Store – Mart (April 2014)
Watson Feed Store -Mart (April 2014)
The Texas Treasure Business Award Program recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years.
To be eligible businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Have been in continuous for-profit operation in Texas for at least 50 years.
- Continue to operate the same or a very similar type of business as it did at least 50 years ago.
- Have a continuous record of employment for at least the past 50 years.
- Continue to operate as an independent, for-profit business (i.e., it cannot be operating as a subsidiary of or have been absorbed into another business)
- Maintain a good business relationship with the state.
Click here for more information about this program from the Texas Historical Commission.
124 Canaan Church Road
Crawford, TX 76638
Van Massirer, Chairperson
Ken Brittain, Vice Chairman
Barbara Santos, Secretary